REVISED COVID RESTRICTIONS
As per recent Government guidelines The Hindu Temple Newcastle will be open now to up to 30 devotees in a socially distanced and Covid secure environment.
The Executive committee have a responsibility to keep devotees, Pandit ji’s and Temple staff safe, so we have installed a Covid secure environment into the Temple and devised the below guidelines for all to follow. We thank you for your cooperation to follow these carefully for everyone’s benefit.
1. The Temple will allow a maximum of 30 people in at any one time to be in the main Prayer Hall during its normal opening hours:- Mon – Sat 8.30am until 12:30pm Aarti at 11am, 4.30pm until 8:30pm Aarti 8pm & Sun 11am until 2:30pm Aarti at 2pm.
2. Last entry on Tuesday will be at 7.45pm for Hanumaan Chalisa and Aarti and 1.30pm on Sunday for Havan and Aarti.
3. Entry will be on a first come first serve basis generally.
4. All devotees entering the temple MUST adhere to the 1 way system in place.
5. Masks must be worn at times while in the Temple.
6. All devotees, visitors and staff must register their details on arriving into the Temple using NHS QR code. If you do not have the NHS app then please use the Temples own QR code. We are obliged to keep details of all visitors for at least 21 days to assist with the Governments track and trace programme.
7. Temple will be open for Darshan
8. Devotees must not sing, chant or play any musical instruments.
9. Devotees MUST NOT come to the Temple if they have symptoms or are shielding.
10. Devotees MUST observe social distancing rules which include:
- Using hand sanitizer on entry
- Stay at least 2m apart during the visit
- Avoid touching any surfaces
- DO NOT touch bell or railings at the front of worship hall
- Observe the one-way system in place
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Avoid using wash rooms if possible
11. There is no access to the Deities and all devotes need to stay at least 2 m away from the railings at the Pavan (Alter)
12. When performing Pradakśiṇā (circumambulation) around Deities stay 2m apart and do not touch any walls or surfaces.
13. There will be no Prasad distributed.
Please keep in mind that the transmission of COVID-19 is thought to occur mainly through respiratory droplets generated by coughing and sneezing, and through contact with contaminated surfaces so it is vitally important we follow the procedures put in place.
For private pooja, weddings and funerals please call Pandit Ji by calling the Temple on 0191 273 3364 or email email@example.com for further guidance
Click on the button below to call us on our landline number